The entry process for each Meet may vary slightly between the different competitions but generally there will either be a manual entry option or an online option.
The race secretary will email information out to swimming families about upcoming meets and also circulate draft meet entry reports in which swimmers have about a week to make any changes.
The entry process is detailed on each Meet program.
The process for entering most NSW and ACT events is as follows:
Find out Ginninderra's closing date for the meet by referring to the "Events Calendar" page of the club’s website. Please note that Ginninderra's closing date will be earlier than the closing date listed on the Meet Flyer for manual entries.
- Work out which races you want to enter and the cost of each. This information is on the meet flyer.
- For MANUAL ENTRIES: Entry details MUST be emailed to the Race Secretary by the advertised GSC closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entry details should include swimmers name, event number and event name.
- Preferred method of Payment for manual entries is via direct debit (if paying by cash or cheque please email the Treasurer).Fees for the meet will be advised on the meet flyer. ALL PAYMENTS including coaching levy (refer to coaching levies tab) MUST be paid BEFORE the closing date.
- For ONLINE ENTRIES: Click on the online entries link. Enter your username and password that was given to you when you joined the club. Choose the events in which you wish to compete and proceed to payment.
Note: Country, State and National competition entries will only be available online through either the Swimming NSW or Swimming Australia website.
- If you have outstanding meet entries fees payable from earlier meets at the discretion of the treasurer and race secretary your entry MAY NOT be accepted until the outstanding fees are paid.
- The meet entry report will be published on the GSC website for manual entries - please check if your swimmer has been entered in the meet and in the correct events. All meet entry queries should be referred to the race secretary via email on email@example.com.
- Unattached swimmers competing in the development series will be limited to TWO meets before it will be a requirement for them to join the club.
- Withdrawal of Events - If you enter a meet you MUST pay the meet entry fee even if you do NOT swim as GSC is obliged to pay the hosting club once the entry is submitted. The only exception is when the swimmer withdraws before the host clubs closing date and informs the Race Secretary. The Treasurer will arrange a credit for the coaching levy only if you have advised the Race Secretary of your withdrawal from the meet prior to the meet commencing for development and local meets.
In regards to country, state and national meets coaching levies, notice of withdrawal and the reason for same must be in writing to the Race Secretary and will only be credited at the discretion of the executive committee.